Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review: Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno

If you love caramel and matcha, you’ll definitely want to check out the Caramel Matchacinno from Red Tea Leaf. I received a bag of it for free from Tomoson, and I absolutely love it! It’s 100% natural; no preservatives, artificial coloring, artificial sweeteners, GMOs, or MSG. Plus, it’s super easy to make.

This isn’t my first matcha from Red Tea Leaf; I’ve also reviewed the Eggnog Matcha. Although that one didn’t go over too well with my family or myself, we’ve really enjoyed the Caramel Matchacinno. I’m really glad that I got to try this one, too, because the difference between the two matcha flavors has been like day and night. This is definitely a flavor that I would order again, and has convinced me to see what else I’d like to order from Red Tea Leaf. Had I only tried the eggnog one, I’m not sure I would have.

For those who haven’t checked out my previous review, Red Tea Leaf is a company that specializes in unique and exotic teas from around the world. Being basically a tea addict, they’re my kind of company. In addition to their online store, they also have an Etsy store. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in one, there’s a good chance they carry it in the other. If you’re curious about the eggnog one, I’ve only seen that on their site. The Caramel Matchacinno is also only listed on their site; I wasn’t able to find it in their Etsy store. They have much more than just matcha. There’s also white, black, herbal, red, oolong, and even wine-infused tea. I have to admit, I'm pretty curious about the wine-infused tea.

Depending on which size you choose, the options for customization change. Below are what options you’re able to choose from for the small bag as of 1/18/2014.

Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno Options

And buying the large bag gives you a lot more options, along with a free scoop. You won’t see the options below, unless you actually select the large bag. Then they show up.

Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno Options 2

I received a sample bag. 2% milk was used for each matchacinno. You can make this either hot or cold. I prefer hot, especially during these cold Winter days, but cold is still good. The instructions are very easy to follow. You can see, basically, what was included on the instruction form that came with my bag.

Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno Instructions

And below is the sample bag that I received, along with an information sheet. The bag isn’t resealable. So, I just folded it over, taped it, and stored it in a Ziploc bag to keep it fresh until the next use.

Red Leaf Tea Caramel Matchacinno Packaging

The smell is a sweet, buttery caramel that filled my kitchen and made it smell wonderful. Like I said, the instructions are very easy, and the result is lovely. If you’re not careful, though, it can settle to the bottom of your glass. So, keep a small spoon handy, if you plan to take your time drinking it. Don’t worry; it makes a very smooth drink, it’s just that it can settle a bit.

I really don’t have any complaints about this matcha. The caramel flavor is definitely there, and is nice and sweet. It’s exactly what I would expect if I were to mix up some matcha in a batch of caramel. Actually… that might not be a bad idea… Hmm… experiment time? If it works out, I’ll post the recipe for everyone.

If I had to pick on anything, “natural flavor” is a bit vague. I know the info says everything is 100% natural and free of any junk like GMOs and whatnot, but I’m just kind of wondering what “natural flavor” includes. Anyway, minor nitpicking aside, I really love this stuff, and could definitely use another bag in the large size.

Want some for yourself? You can click the banner below to go to Red Leaf Tea’s website. They give away a different flavor each month to sample, and you can actually request a sample of whatever matcha you’d like to try it. The sample for this month is French Vanilla.

 

Red Leaf Tea

 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software