Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review of the Vanilla Strawberry Soap from YesterYear Soap

Yester Year Soap Company Soaps

 

Some time ago, I was given the opportunity to review some natural artisan soap from YesterYearSoap.com. All of their scented soaps contain the highest quality essential oils formulated specifically for soap. And let me tell you, those scents are potent (in a good way)! I was given the vanilla strawberry soap to test out.

YesterYear Soaps are good, old-fashioned artisan soaps. There’s nothing artificial in them and they’re all hand-crafted. Being a part-time artist, that’s something I really appreciate. It’s nice to see companies getting back to a time when they really cared about the products and patrons.


Ingredients

olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil

Whatever the bar says for the scent is what oils, herbs, or other bits are used in the bar. Since this one is vanilla strawberry, those are what oils and bits are in the bar. There are small but visible pieces of dried strawberry and little flecks of vanilla.


Scent

Strawberry Vanilla

It really does smell just like strawberry. The sweet, fruity aroma is enough to make me want to eat the bar! There are some deep red bits that I’m assuming are dried strawberry pieces.

The vanilla, I think, is what really gives this soap it’s sweet scent. It’s almost like strawberries and cream. Actually, when I use it, it makes the bathroom smell like strawberry shortcake.  This soap is perfect for anyone who has a sweet tooth.


Lather

Sodium Lauryl Sulfates are usually what make soap lather so well. They’re also bad for your liver. Luckily, you have nothing to fear with this soap, and no lather to lose! Without the help of any harmful chemicals, it produces a wonderfully thick and creamy lather when I use my shower poof with it. Great if you’re too cheap to waste money on shaving gel for your legs like me.


Skin

The oils in this soap are very nourishing. My skin has no complaints. This soap is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrients that pamper my skin. For those with skin sensitivities, you should be fine with this soap. There are no chemicals, dyes, or preservatives to irritate any allergies.


Packaging

Classic Beauty The packaging is very simple. A paper wrapper with the company name, logo ( a classic beauty admiring herself), ingredient list, and website is wrapped around the bar, which has been wrapped in shrink wrap to seal it off.

The bars are rather large and square. I love the generous portion. It does seem like I get more with this soap compared to the usual bar of Dial that hubby gets.


Rating

5 Hearts

  

I would definitely recommend them! In fact, I’ll probably be sending this website, if not some of the soap, too, to my cousin. She’s also a natural beauty nut. Many thanks to YesterYear Soap for letting me review this! 

 

Yester Year Soap Company

Lavender Soaps | Yester Year Soap Company 

 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software